“Rotary is ordinary people doing extraordinary things.”
Some people may think Rotary is just a bunch of old guys having lunch each week. That’s far from what it’s really all about. We’re about getting things done! Changing the world. If you have an idea for a project, at Long Beach Rotary you can learn how to make it happen. You can change lives. And one life you change may be your own.
Whether it’s immunizing over 2 Billion (yes, with a “B”) children in the fight against Polio, helping provide clean water and sanitation, education, health services or one of the thousands of small, local projects that can create a better world, Rotary is there.
Rotary is the world’s premier service organization. We emphasize friendship, integrity and service to others. There are over 1.2 million members in 35,000 clubs worldwide… all dedicated to “Service Above Self.” When you join Rotary, you have access to any Rotary club in the world. Find out about Rotary by being a guest at one of our meetings.
If you want to help change the world, you can! There are countless stories of people who have changed lives through Rotary. Whether it’s working in your community or around the world, Rotary gives you both the opportunity and the means to fulfill your vision of how to help.
- Rotarians have provided prosthesis limbs to those who have lost their legs
- Cataract surgeries to those who have lost their sight
- Hearing aids to those who have lost their hearing
- Shelters to those who have lost their homes
- Clean water to those who are thirsty
- Sympathy to the families who have lost family members for our country
- The lame walk, the blind see, the deaf hear, homes, health, and peace of mind
- World peace is possible
- Children smile because of you
- Be inspired
New to Rotary? Get All The Answers You’re Looking For
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about Rotary and Long Beach Rotary.