Why Join Long Beach Rotary
Rotary is a service organization. We work to solve humanitarian issues on a local, national, and international level. Please review our pages, FAQs and Expectationsand think about how YOU may be able to make a difference.
Long Beach Rotary is the largest Rotary club in Rotary District 5320. Comprised of approximately 300 of Long Beach's business leaders. The objective of Long Beach Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and in particular ...
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
- High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all occupations; and the dignifying by each Rotarian of their occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
- The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to their personal, business, and community life.
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace throughout a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
Obligations of Rotarians
- To attend meetings regularly.
- To pay dues promptly.
- To do my part when called upon.
- To be a big-hearted, broad-minded person, a person of energy and action, a Rotarian.
The Four Way Test
For many decades Rotary Clubs and Rotarians around the world have used the 4-Way Test as an instrument to develop respect and understanding among peoples.
How the Test works is indicated by Herbert J. Taylor, the Chicago Rotarian who developed it. He suggests that first you memorize the 4-Way Test and then formulate the habit of checking your thoughts, words and deeds with it.
The 4-Way Test is now being used successfully around the world in business, government and schools as an effective measuring stick for conduct. It is a guide to RIGHT thinking. If memorized and constantly applied to relations with others, it will make a definitive contribution toward more effective and friendlier relationships.
- Is it the Truth?
- Is it Fair to all concerned?
- Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
- Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you are interested in benefiting our Long Beach Community and are a Long Beach business leader, please contact our Rotary Office at 562-436-8181 or email us at email@example.com.